Welcome Back Everyone,
As of June 2020 my practice will begin to reopen again. As I’m sure you can imagine, things will look and work a little differently than you remember. This page contains information to keep in mind as you resume treatments:
How Safe is My Office?
- All safety protocols are compliant with guidance provided by BC’s Provincial Health Officer, WorkSafe BC, and my governing body, CMTBC.
- There will be ongoing self-assessment for signs of COVID-19 related illness in both patients and other therapists who share the clinic space. No one will be permitted to enter the office with any signs of illness.
- No one who has traveled outside of BC in the previous 14 days will be permitted to enter the office.
- Therapists will work on different days and/or at different times to eliminate incidental contact between each other and their patients.
- Appointments will be scheduled to allow 45 minutes between clients for cleaning etc.
- There will be physical distancing measures for all non-treatment interaction.
- There will be strict attention to hand hygiene, and avoidance of face touching.
- There will be enhanced cleaning protocols
- Patients will be required to wear a paper or cloth mask while in the clinic.
Specific Measures in Place:
- All linens will be used only once before laundering, including blankets.
- Heating pads and other fabric covered accessory items will not be used.
- NO shared items between clients except those that can be cleaned and wiped with disinfectant (ie steri-pillows, gel packs).
- All surfaces in treatment room will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected between appointments. Tissues will be available for single use on doorknobs or other high-touch items.
- Enhanced cleaning with disinfecting spray or wipes will also occur throughout shared areas multiple times per day.
- Plexiglass has been installed at the reception desk. All upholstered furniture has been removed.
- All payments will be contactless (E-transfer, Apple Pay, or Tap-enabled cards…tap limits by major card companies have been increased), and receipts will be issued electronically. Rebooking can be done in person or by email.
- I will wash my hands thoroughly before you arrive, again before beginning treatment, and after the treatment is over (for a minimum of 20 seconds each time).
- Patients will sanitize hands upon arrival, after touching their face or mask, and before departure.
What about PPE (personal protective equipment)?
- There will appropriate use of personal protective equipment (PPE) by both therapist and patient.
- Specifically, I will be wearing a clean mask, disinfected face shield and clean apron with each of you. Likewise, I ask that you bring and wear a clean paper or cloth mask with you and wear it during your time in the clinic. If you do not have one, one will be provided for you.
- WHY?? These measures are intended to limit any droplets from my respiratory tract from escaping into your airspace and vice versa. While I will make every effort to screen clients in advance and upon arrival, there remains a possibility that some people are asymptomatic while infected.
- Please remember that PPE is not intended as a first line of defense. Proper handwashing, never touching your face with your hands, social distancing (except during hands-on treatment), and thorough disinfection protocols are the primary ways to limit transmission.
How Will Your Treatment Protocol Be Different?
- One day prior to your appointment, you will self-screen using the BC Covid-19 Self Assessment tool/app. I will call or email to get confirmation from you and provide you with my results as well. Please cancel and reschedule if you do not feel well. No cancellation fees apply for illness.
- On the day of your appointment, please come alone if possible. There is no seating outside the office door or in reception. Please arrive 5 minutes early for paperwork, and wait for me to open the door for you. **Please enter building via the main lobby doors off Johnson Street. If the building is locked (it likely won’t be), I will meet you there (where the elevator is) to let you in.**
- If you arrive late, your appointment will end at the scheduled time and you will be charged for the full time booked.
- Please silence and store your phone while you are in the clinic space.
- Once I let you in, you will be asked to clean your hands with hand sanitizer and don your mask.
- At this point, we will run through our self-assessment outcomes again. If we decide to proceed, and it is your first visit back, I will have you read and sign a new Consent to Treatment form, and a Risk Disclosure and Acknowledgement Agreement. These can then be reconfirmed verbally during subsequent visits, or withdrawn at any time.
Your Session Itself:
- As always, the session will begin with time to update your health history, perform any assessments and establish treatment goals and consent.
- A clean tote will be provided to hold your clothes and belongings.
- Once you are on the table, please allow me to adjust the pillows, face rest and blanket for you.
- We will do the majority of the treatment in silence, except as needed (ie for communicating consent, providing feedback and ensuring your comfort). Where possible and appropriate, we will also try to minimize the time you spend face up.
- When the session is over, I will leave the room and once you are dressed, I can open the door for you and review any home care instructions/exercises etc. We can then proceed to the reception desk for payment and rebooking.
- Please sanitize your hands once more before leaving.
I thank you in advance for your patience as together we learn to navigate a new (for now) way of doing things!