How Safe is My Office?
- As per guidance from my College and relevant health authorities, I have shifted in focus from COVID-19 safety plans to communicable disease prevention.
- All safety protocols continue to meet or exceed guidelines provided by BC’s Provincial Health Officer, WorkSafe BC, and my governing body, the College of Massage Therapists of BC (CMTBC).
- Please reschedule your appointment if you have signs of contagious illness.
- Please also reschedule if you have received a positive COVID test result within the previous 10 days and have not yet tested negative.
- Please arrive on time for your appointments. Appointments are scheduled to allow necessary time in between for administrative tasks, cleaning etc.
- Please use hand sanitizer upon arrival and before you leave, and kindly cover your coughs and sneezes with your elbow or a tissue, and avoid touching your face while in the clinic environment.
- Enhanced cleaning protocols of frequently touched surfaces continue.
- Patients will be requested to wear a mask while in the clinic if they are recovering from recent illness or have sick persons in their household.
Specific Measures in Place:
- All linens remain single use only, including blankets.
- There are NO shared items between clients except those that can be cleaned and/or wiped down (ie steri-pillows, gel packs).
- All surfaces in treatment room will be thoroughly cleaned between appointments.
- Tissues will be available for clients to use on high-touch items like doorknobs…or your face, if you need to touch it while on the table.
- The skylight is open for fresh air exchange. There is also an air purifier.
- All payments are available contactless (E-transfer, Apple Pay, or credit/debit cards).
- Receipts are issued electronically.
- I wash my hands thoroughly many times a day, and always before beginning a treatment, and after the treatment is over.
What about PPE (personal protective equipment)?
- Currently, I am choosing to wear a mask during treatment with each client. I prefer that you bring a clean, properly fitting mask with you and wear it during your time in the clinic. If you do not have one, one can be provided for you.
- WHY? Masks effectively limit any droplets from my respiratory tract from escaping into your airspace and vice versa. While I will make every effort to screen clients in advance and upon arrival, there remains a possibility that some people are asymptomatic while experiencing a communicable illness.
- That said, masks are not considered the first line of defense. Proper handwashing, avoiding touching your face with your hands, and thorough cleaning of surfaces are the primary ways to limit transmission of most communicable illnesses.
What is the current Treatment Protocol ?
- Two days prior to your appointment, I will email a reminder to confirm your appointment. Please cancel and reschedule if you do not feel well.
- I regret that I can no longer waive cancellation fees for those who cancel due to new signs or symptoms of contagious illness appearing within 48 hours of their appointment.
- That said, cancellation fees will be waived if I am able to fill your spot.
- On the day of your appointment, please arrive on time.
- If you arrive late, your appointment will still end at the scheduled time and you will be charged for the full time booked.
- Please silence and store your phone while you are in the clinic space.
- Once you enter my office, please clean your hands with hand sanitizer. If a mask is indicated/preferred and you do not have one, I can provide one.
- If you have not already done so, I will have you read and sign a Consent to Treatment form, and a Risk Disclosure and Acknowledgement Agreement. Your consent remains in place for subsequent visits, but will be reconfirmed if there are additional changes to the context of care. As always, your consent can be withdrawn by you at any time.
Your Session Itself:
- The session will begin with time to update your health history, perform any assessments and establish treatment goals and consent.
- When the session is over, I will leave the room and once you are dressed, I recommend that you sanitize your hands once more.
- We can review any home care instructions/exercises, then process payment and rebook if needed.
I thank you again for your continued kindness and understanding as together we make your experience as safe and enjoyable as possible.
Wishing you good health in body and mind,
Kelly Pearson RMT